There is such work: to check high-voltage transmission lines from the helicopter

Science 13 Mar 2018
There is such work: to check high-voltage transmission lines from the helicopter

Check of high-voltage lines

Tired today in the office? Then look at one of the most extreme jobs in the world, where technicians have to test high-voltage power lines while being attached to a helicopter.

With the naked eye you can see that for this work you will need steel nerves. And also – a high-class pilot, windless weather and impeccable observance of the rules of electrical safety.

Check of high-voltage lines

The costume of the technician is 75% of the Nomex refractory material. The remaining 25% fall on stainless steel threads, which ultimately creates a Faraday cage around the person.

Check of high-voltage lines
“At stake” are tens and even hundreds of kilovolts

Most likely, for most of us, all knowledge of electricity from the course of school and university physics will not be useful. However, if you are going to do in the future to check the high-voltage power lines from the helicopter – without this knowledge is indispensable.

About the author

admin

Leave A Reply